These greek beef burgers are packed with flavour and take only 20 minutes to make!
- 20 mins
- 500g beef mince
- 30ml breadcrumbs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 50g black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ red onion, chopped
- handful parsley, chopped
- 30ml olive oil
FOR THE TZATZIKI
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely grated
- 250ml Greek-style yoghurt
- handful mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- roast tomatoes, to serve
- rocket, to serve
- Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, feta, olives, egg, onion and parsley. Season and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a griddle pan or braai on medium-high. Rub the patties with oil and grill for about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked to your liking.
- For the tzatziki, combine all the ingredients. Season.
- Slice the pita breads open and stuff with the patties, tzatziki and roast tomatoes.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN AND INGE BARTSCH PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: September, 2016