This Greek chicken pasta salad makes for a delicious weekday meal or packed into lunchboxes. It stores well in the fridge too.
- 25 mins
- ½ x 500g packet pasta screws (wholewheat or plain)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful dill, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 60ml feta, crumbled
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and cool.
- Combine 60ml of the lemon juice, oil and garlic. Season.
- Heat a splash of extra oil on high and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice. Season.
- Combine the pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, dill, onion and chicken. Crumble the feta and zest over. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2019