This green buckwheat salad is gluten-free, vegan friendly and low gi.
- 20 mins
FOR THE SALAD
- 625ml buckwheat, rinsed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500ml peas
- 60ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 handfuls rocket
FOR THE HERB DRESSING
- 2 handfuls mixed herbs (like parsley, coriander and basil)
- 125ml lemon juice
- 160ml coconut cream
- For the salad, cook the buckwheat according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Mix through the onions and peas. Sprinkle with the sesame and rocket.
- For the dressing, blitz together all the ingredients. Season. Serve with the salad.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Dec, 2019