Try the savoury Green Tart for a family lunch or dinner.
- 45 mins
- 6 baby marrows
- 30ml (2T) basil pesto
- 250g (1 tub) chunky cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 250ml (1 cup) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 125ml (½ cup) melted butter
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- handful watercress, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 18cm x 28cm loosebottom pan.
- Shave the baby marrows into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Blanch the ribbons in boiling water for 30 seconds or until they begin to soften. Drain and cool.
- Mix the pesto, cottage cheese and 3 of the eggs together. Season well.
- Combine the baby marrow, pumpkin seeds, remaining egg and Feta cheese together. Season.
- Brush 1 phyllo sheet with butter, place another on top, and repeat with the remaining phyllo. Line the prepared pan with the pastry. Spread the cottage cheese mixture over the phyllo. Top with the baby marrow mixture and bake for about 30 minutes until the phyllo is golden and the filling has set. Top with watercress before serving.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015