Make this crunchy Grilled Asparagus with Sesame Dressing appetiser for a dinner party.
- 50 mins
- 16 asparagus spears
- 16 strips of streaky bacon
FOR THE DRESSING
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 5ml honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 15ml soy sauce
- 30ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the hard woody ends of the asparagus spears if necessary and wrap a piece of bacon around each spear. Place 4 wrapped asparagus spears next to one another and skewer them crosswise with two skewers.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Grill the asparagus spears over hot coals or in a griddle pan for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Drizzle the dressing over the warm asparagus and serve.
Magazine issue date: January, 2016