Pork fillet is a lean protein – great to include in a heart-friendly diet.
- 1 hr 15 mins
- 250ml IMBO Pearl Barley
- 15ml honey
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste + extra
- 1 large green apple, grated
- handful mint, chopped
- 700g pork fillet
- handful rocket
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- black or white sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Cook the barley in salted boiling water for about 25-30 minutes until soft. Drain. Mix together the honey, mustard and lemon juice and add to the barley. Cool. Mix the apple with some extra lemon juice and add this to the barley mixture, along with the mint.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a griddle pan on medium high and fry the pork until charred all over. Season. Place the fillet on a roasting tray and bake for about 15 minutes until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Scatter rocket, grapefruit, avocado, onion and sesame seeds over the barley salad. Serve with the pork.