Serve these guava-basted sticky ribs with a crunchy coleslaw and some oven-baked chips for a relaxed supper.
- 1 hr 30 mins
- 410g tin guava halves, drained
- 125ml BBQ sauce
- 1kg lightly smoked pork ribs
FOR THE COLESLAW
- 60ml olive or avocado oil
- 8ml soy sauce
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 60ml castor sugar
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g mange tout, thinly sliced
- large handful coriander
- oven-baked chips, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Blitz the guavas until smooth. Pass the purée through a sieve to remove the pips.
- Combine the purée and BBQ sauce, brush over the pork ribs, then place on the prepared baking tray. Roast for 1 hour, turning and basting until cooked.
- For the coleslaw, whisk the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside. Place the cabbage, carrots, mange tout and dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve the sticky ribs with the coleslaw and chips.
Magazine issue date: January, 2019