Try this breakfast treat plus check out these amazing Jungle Oats hacks!
- 30 mins
- makes about 8 pancakes
- 2 cups Jungle Taystee Wheat
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup milk
- 75g butter, melted
- Mix together the Jungle Taystee Wheat, baking powder and castor sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, eggs and butter.
- Gradually stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a pan, and spray with non-stick cooking spray or grease with some oil.
- Pour about 60ml of the batter into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Stack the pancakes and top with fresh bananas and a drizzling of honey.
Benefits of Taystee Wheat:
- The three minute hot energy breakfast.
- Low in fat and saturated fat.
- Very low in sodium.
- High in dietary fibre.
- Easy to prepare, one pack makes up to 30 servings.
Jungle Oats has many health benefits:
- Oats are high in soluble fibre.
- High in the cholesterol lowering fibre – Beta-Glucan.
- Lowering LDl (Bad) cholesterol helps with the prevention of heart disease.
- Consuming oats whilst maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle assist with the prevention of heart disease.
- Oats are Low GI and provide filling and long lasting energy.
Try these great hacks with Jungle Oats
- Add a tablespoon of Jungle Oats to your morning shake to keep you fuller for longer
- Instead of bread crumbs to coat chicken nuggets for your kids dinner, use jungle Oats
- Make Jungle Oats cookies for your kids to snack on after school – they are healthier than choc chip!
- Make a cheesecake with a twist and a crunch – use Jungle Oats as the base instead of biscuits.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017