Serve these lamb koftas at your next braai!
- 30 mins + chilling
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- handful parsley, chopped
- 5ml each of paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 4 pita breads
- 80ml tzatziki
- handful rocket
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the mince, onion, garlic, chilli, parsley, paprika, cumin and coriander. Shape into 8 logs and thread each onto a skewer. Season. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Braai the koftas over hot coals until cooked through.
- Serve on pitas with the tzatziki, rocket, tomatoes and onion.
Note: To freeze, make the koftas up to step 1 and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Or, shape into 4 patties to
make burgers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Cook from frozen, adjusting the cooking time.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016