Make these lamb, mozzarella and olive pies for a hearty lunch.
- 1 hr + cooling
- 15ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 500g lamb mince
- 5ml paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g pitted green olives
- 2 x 400g rolls puff pastry, defrosted
- 30ml tomato paste
- 125ml mozzarella, grated
- chutney, to serve
- handful rocket (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil on high and cook the mince for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add the paprika, garlic and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Season. Add the onion and olives. Cool.
- Cut each pastry into 4 strips through the width. Spread ½ the strips with tomato paste and sprinkle with mozzarella, leaving a 1cm border. Top with the mince mixture. Brush the edges with extra oil, top with remaining pastry strips and press the edges to seal. (Stretch the top pastry to go over the filling, if necessary.)
- Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Cut slits on the top of the pies and brush with oil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with chutney and rocket.
Magazine issue date: July, 2018