Tangy cheesecakes slices topped with mini nests... yum!
- 1 hr 15 mins
- Makes 15 slices
FOR THE BASE
- 250ml cake flour
- 250ml oats
- pinch salt
- 5ml baking powder
- 125g cold butter, cubed
FOR THE FILLING
- 230g tub cream cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 5ml vanilla essence
- zest of 1 lemon + 250ml juice
- 2 x 385g tins condensed milk
FOR THE NESTS
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 310ml Kellogg’s All Bran High Fibre Cereal
- 50g packet speckled eggs
- For the base, preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm x 23cm baking tray with baking paper. Combine all the dry ingredients. Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Press into the base of the tray. Chill in the fridge.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and juice and condensed milk. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge to cool completely.
- For the nests, heat the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Mix in the cereal. Grease a mini 15-hole muffin tin and divide the mixture between the holes, making a slight indentation in the centre. Add 2-3 speckled eggs to each nest and leave to set for about 1 hour.
- Cut the cheesecake into 15 slices and decorate each with a nest.
Magazine issue date: April, 2015