Gluten-free meals are becoming more the norm – this lentil, beef and roasted vegetable bowl is a winter warmer.
- 40 mins
- 500g butternut, cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced in wedges
- 30ml olive oil
- 10ml medium curry powder
- 400g rib-eye steak
- 400g tin lentils, drained
FOR THE DRESSING
- 30ml lemon juice
- 5ml honey
- 15ml medium curry powder
- 60ml olive oil
- handful coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the vegetables in a roasting pan and toss with 15ml of the oil and the curry powder. Season. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan on medium-high. Rub the steak with the remaining oil. Season. Grill the steak for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- For the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, honey and curry powder. Add the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking. Season. Add the coriander.
- Slice the steak in thin slivers. Combine in a large bowl with the vegetables, lentils and dressing.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: May, 2017