These lime, chilli and coconut prawns make a lovely starter.
- 30 mins + chilling
- zest of 1 lime or lemon
- 180ml coconut milk
- 180ml coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 15ml fish sauce
- 15ml soy sauce
- 700g king prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- juice of 1 lime
- 10-12 lemongrass skewers (optional)
- lime wedges, coriander and Spekko Royal Umbrella Rice, to serve
- Combine the lime or lemon zest, coconut milk, coriander, garlic, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce, prawns and lime juice and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Thread the prawns onto lemongrass skewers. Heat a griddle pan on medium-high and cook the prawns, brushing with the reserved coconut milk mixture, for about 3 minutes on each side or until pink and lightly charred.
- Serve the skewers with lime wedges, coriander and rice.
The lemongrass skewers can be replaced with wooden skewers that have been soaked in water.
Magazine issue date: January, 2016