This low carb cauli-rice and chicken stir-fry is a delicious, healthy twist on traditional stir-fry.
- 20 mins
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 400g packet cauli-rice
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 60ml soy sauce + extra
- 400g packet stir-fry vegetables
- Tabasco sauce, to serve
- 100g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil, chilli, garlic and ginger on high for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Mix through the cauli-rice and cook for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Add a splash of oil to the same pan and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes, turning, until cooked. Add a splash of soy sauce. Keep aside.
- Add another splash of oil and fry the vegetables for 1 minute or until just tender. Mix the cauli-rice and chicken through the veggies. Cool. Serve with extra soy sauce, Tabasco and nuts.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2017