Who would believe the shells of these low-carb tacos can be made with just 1 ingredient?
- 15 mins
- Makes 4
- 250ml mozzarella, grated
- 5ml garlic salt (optional)
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 5ml ground cumin
- 5ml smoked paprika
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, quartered
- handful coriander, chopped
- guacamole and sour cream, to serve
- Mix the mozzarella and garlic salt. Place 60ml into a 15cm circle on a baking paper lined plate. Microwave for about 4 minutes or until bubbling all over and starting to brown. Carefully fold it over a ruler set on two tins and cool until crisp. Repeat with the rest.
- Heat a splash of oil on medium-high and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes or until golden and cooked. Sprinkle over cumin and paprika. Season.
- Combine the onion, garlic, tomatoes and coriander. Season. Spoon into the tacos with the chicken. Top with guacamole and sour cream.
Variation: Replace or use a combination of Cheddar or pecorino with, or instead of, mozzarella.
RECIPE BY MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Feb, 2019