Look after your heart with this low-fat ostrich ‘nachos’ recipe.
- 25 mins
FOR THE FETA DRESSING
- 180ml low-fat feta, crumbled
- 45ml Bulgarian yoghurt
- 30ml water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml chives, finely chopped
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 wholewheat wraps, cut into triangles
- 500g ostrich mince
- 5ml ground cumin
- 5ml paprika
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cooked corn on the cob, kernels cut off
- 410g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 500ml shredded lettuce
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the dressing, blitz all the ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bake the wraps for about 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
- Dry-fry the mince for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Add the cumin and paprika and cook for 1 minute. Season. Cool.
- Place the mince, onion, corn, beans, lettuce and tomatoes into a bowl and serve with the ‘nachos’ and dressing.
Variation: Replace the ostrich mince with lean beef mince.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Apr, 2017