Serve the Luxe Apple Pies with brandy to savour and enjoy their delightful taste.
- 45 mins
- Makes 12
- 400g roll puff pastry
- 15ml (1T) castor sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Mascarpone cheese
- 5ml (1t) vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 12 mini apples, stalks attached for charm*
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Use a 8cm cookie cutter, cut 12 small rounds of pastry and line each opening of a greased medium cupcake tin.
- Fold the sugar into the Mascarpone. Stir in the vanilla and eggs gently. Spoon a dollop of this creamy mixture into the middle of each pastry round and place a tiny apple on top.
- Bake immediately for about 25 minutes until the pastry is a lovely caramel colour. Serve.
Note *Mini tinned apples are available at leading supermarkets.
A glorious way to serve these apple pies is to place a tot measure of Calvados or brandy in an elegant little glass on the plate next to the tiny puff.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015