Make your own Marinated Feta and take it along for picnics and family dinners.
- 30 mins
- 200g Feta cheese, drained weight
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped, seeds in
- 1 tsp (5ml) rainbow peppercorns
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- rind of 1 lemon, cut into slivers
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- Cut the Feta into cubes, if necessary, and place in sterilised 500ml jars.
- Divide the herbs and spices and add to the jars. Top up with olive oil.
- Leave for a few hours for the flavours to develop. Keep refrigerated.
Magazine issue date: May, 2013