These marshmallow and cherry truffles make lovely gifts.
- 50 mins + chilling
- Makes 45 truffles
- 385g tin condensed milk
- 60g butter, melted
- 30ml hot chocolate powder
- 200g packet coconut biscuits, finely crushed
- 25 mini marshmallows
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- Combine the condensed milk, butter and hot chocolate. Add the biscuits and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up slightly. The mixture will remain sticky.
- Wet your hands with water (as often as needed to prevent sticking) and roll the mixture into 2cm balls.
- Flatten a ball in the palm of your hand and place a marshmallow in the centre. Fold closed into a round truffle shape.
- Roll in coconut and place in mini cupcake cases. Repeat with the remaining mixture, alternating between marshmallows and cherries. Chill before serving.
Variation: Roll your truffles in cocoa powder or crushed Peppermint Crisp instead of desiccated coconut.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017