Mascarpone and berry tartlets are perfect for special celebrations, filled with lots of love.
- 40 mins
- Makes 12
FOR THE PASTRY
- 110g butter
- ½ castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups + 5t cake flour
FOR THE FILLING
- 250g tub Mascarpone cheese
- 250g tub thick cream
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthwise (optional)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3T honey
- 500g mixed berries like raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Beat the butter and sugar together. Add the egg, while beating. Add the flour until a dough forms. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out to 4mm thick and line twelve 7cm x 12cm heart-shaped tins or small tart tins. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake for about 20 minutes until cooked. Cool.
- For the filling, mix the Mascarpone and cream together until smooth. Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod (if using) and mix through with the zest and honey. Spoon into the tartlet cases and sprinkle with berries.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015