This delicious low calorie Mediterranean Chicken Pasta will keep your tastebuds satisfied and your waist trim.
- 30 mins
- 350g wholewheat macaroni pasta
- 5ml olive or avocado oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500ml jar of ready-made tomato pasta sauce
- large handful baby herbs (like rocket)
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes each side until cooked. Slice.
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms, in batches, in the same pan. Return the chicken with the tomatoes, cooked pasta and the jar of ready-made tomato pasta sauce. Serve with baby herbs sprinkled over.
Frying the chicken breast whole and then slicing it keeps it moist and tender.