The Mediterranean Salmon Quiche is crunchy, savoury and delicious.
- 55 mins
- 400g roll shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 210g tin salmon, drained
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 125ml (½ cup) Feta
- cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) cream
- handful thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Use the pastry to line the base and sides of a 22cm diameter quiche pan. Trim away the excess pastry, prick the base with a fork and line with scrunched baking paper and baking beans or weights. Keep in the fridge until firm.
- Bake the pastry case for about 20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove the baking paper and beans. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Spread the salmon, tomatoes and Feta over the pastry.
- Beat the eggs, cream and thyme together. Season and pour into the pastry case. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until set.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015