Serve this hearty Mexican bean soup in just 25 minutes!
- 25 mins
- 4 - 6
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 x 400g tins Mexican-style tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 x 400g tins white beans
- wholewheat bread, to serve
- handful coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil on medium-high and sauté the onion, chilli and garlic.
- Add the celery and carrots and fry for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and squash fine with a fork.
- Add the stock and beans. Season and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup with toasted bread and coriander.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: SALIE VAN HEERDEN
Magazine issue date: June, 2016