If you're looking for an express cake this microwave chocolate ganache cake is absolutely divine!
- 40 mins + cooling
FOR THE CAKE
- 375ml cake wheat flour
- 60ml cocoa powder
- 5ml baking powder
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 250ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 250ml oil
- 45ml golden syrup
- 5ml vanilla essence
FOR THE GANACHE
- 100g (1 slab) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 x 410g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 100g (1 slab) white chocolate, shaved (optional)
- For the cake, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Add the sugar and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs, milk, oil, syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Place a 25cm-diameter silicone cake pan on the glass tray of the microwave and pour in the batter. Microwave on high for about 8-10 minutes until a testing needle comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Add the caramel until the texture is smooth.
- Spoon the ganache over the cooled cake and garnish with white chocolate shavings.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ITUMELENG MASONDO PHOTOS: ROELENE PRINSLOO
Magazine issue date: February, 2013