Nothing is more decadent than these millionaire's shortbread slices!
- 50 mins + cooling
- 160ml cake wheat flour
- 80ml ground almonds
- 80g butter, melted
- 125ml castor sugar
- 397g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 300g Woolworths caramel toffees
- 2 slabs dark chocolate
- 10ml vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 16cm x 27cm tray with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.
- Mix the flour, almonds, butter and sugar together. Press the mixture into the prepared tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Heat the toffees in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and mix the caramel through until smooth. Spoon in an even layer over the base and cool in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and oil together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour the
chocolate over the caramel in an even layer and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Use a hot, wet knife to slice.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ITUMELENG MASONDO PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Feb, 2013