Add a flair of Easter to your table with these Mini Chocolate Cakes and decorate them like little nests.
- 40 mins
- 60g soft butter
- 90ml castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 160ml self-raising flour
- 15ml (1T) cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- chocolate spread (like Nutella)
- speckled eggs, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease 18 x 45ml egg cups or ovenproof dishes. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Sift in the flour, cocoa and salt and beat until combined.
- Fold through the milk and chocolate and spoon about 1 tablespoonful into the prepared cups/dishes. Bake for about 20 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool.
- Pipe a circle with the chocolate spread around the tops to create a nest and fill with the speckled eggs.