Zhoosh up your meat-free Mondays with this mushroom pilaf!
- 45 mins
- 30ml butter
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 250ml Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
- 500ml warm chicken stock
- 200g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 300g exotic mushrooms (like enoki, shimeji and king oyster)
- large handful mixed herbs (like parsley, thyme and chives), chopped
- Melt the butter and half the oil on low and sauté the onion. Season. Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes until the rice is soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat the remaining oil on high and fry the mushrooms in batches until golden. Season. Mix through the rice and herbs.