Meat-free Mondays have never tasted this delicious with Nutty Gnocchi!
- 1 hr 30 mins
FOR THE GNOCCHI
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5ml salt
- 375ml cake flour
FOR THE SAUCE
- 100g pecan nuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 handfuls mixed herbs (like basil, parsley and thyme), chopped
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5ml salt
- 80ml Pecorino cheese, finely grated + extra shavings
- For the gnocchi, cook the potatoes for about 30 minutes until soft. Drain and dry fry until all the moisture has evaporated. Mash, add the salt and flour. Mix until you have a soft, manageable dough.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 balls. Roll each into a 2cm-thick log. Cut into 2cm pieces. Make a gentle indent on each one using a fork. Place on floured baking trays.
- Cook the gnocchi, in batches, in salted boiling water for about 3-5 minutes until they rise to the surface. Drain and repeat with the rest.
- For the sauce, blitz half of the nuts with the rest of the ingredients. Season.
- Mix the sauce through the gnocchi and serve with the rest of the nuts, extra leaves and Pecorino shavings scattered over.