These oat-crusted chicken flatties are absolutely scrumptious!
- 45 mins
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 sachet Jungle Oatso Easy Original
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and with a rolling pin, flatten the chicken until an even thickness.
- Spread the mustard over the chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Jungle Oatso Easy, parmesan, Cajun spice, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the crumb mixture and refrigerate until the crust has firmed up slightly (10-15 minutes).
- Over a medium heat, fry off the chicken flatties until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with potato wedges and a side salad, or warm veggies in winter.
The amazing benefits of oats:
- Oats are high in soluble fibre
- Oats are high in the cholesterol lowering fibre – Beta-Glucan
- Lowering LDl (Bad) cholesterol helps with the prevention of heart disease
- Consuming oats whilst maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle assists with the prevention of heart disease
- Oats are Low GI and provide filling and long lasting energy.
Recipe by Chad January
Magazine issue date: May, 2017