Relive some special memories with these delicious and simple fish cakes.
- 25 mins
- 250g potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 440g tin sardines, middle cuts, flaked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
For the crumb
- 125ml cake flour
- 1 egg
- 15ml milk
- 310ml breadcrumbs
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 30ml chutney
- 1 lemon, sliced
- green salad
- Combine the mash, sardines, onion and celery. Season and shape into 8 patties.
- For the crumb, dip each patty into the flour. Beat the egg and milk together and dip the floured patties in this, and lastly into the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil on medium high and fry the patties in batches until golden all over.
- To serve, mix the mayo and chutney together. Serve the fish cakes with the sauce, lemon slices and green salad.
Freeze these cakes between layers of greaseproof paper or individually in freezer bags.