You can thank us later for making this family favourite even simpler with this one-dish Bolognese mac and cheese.
- 30 mins
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 410g tin Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- 250ml milk
- handful thyme, leaves picked
- ½ x 500g packet macaroni
- 500ml Cheddar, grated
- Heat the mince, onion, carrot and garlic on high and fry for about 10 minutes or until
- Add the tomatoes, stock, milk, thyme and macaroni and cook, covered, stirring occasionally
for about 15 minutes or until tender. Season.
- Stir in ½ the cheese until melted. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and leave to melt.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2018