This vegetarian-friendly one-pot chilli mac and cheese is easy for meat-free Mondays.
- 30 mins
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml Cajun spice
- 10ml ground cumin
- 1L vegetable stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ x 500g packet macaroni
- 410g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 410g tin red kidney beans, drained
- handful parsley, chopped
- 250ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on high and sauté the onion. Add garlic, Cajun spice and cumin and fry for 1 minute. Season.
- Add stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix through parsley. Scatter over Cheddar and serve immediately.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: August, 2019