Make this chickpeas and chicken dish in one-tray!
- 40 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 410g tins Mediterranean-style tomatoes
- 410g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 285g tin button mushrooms, drained
- 2 x 410g tins chicken, drained
- ½ French loaf, sliced
- 250ml Cheddar, grated
- handful basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the onion in a baking dish and drizzle with oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until
light golden. Add the garlic, tomatoes, chickpeas, mushrooms and chicken. Season and bake for about
10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Top the bread with the cheese and place on top of the tomato mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Scatter with basil before serving.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017