This one tray fish and chips puts a healthier and easier spin on this family favourite.
- 50 mins
- 4 small sweet potatoes, cut into 5mm-thick chips
- olive or avocado oil, for sprinkling
- 250ml panko breadcrumbs
- small handful parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon + extra wedges
- 500g skinless and boneless firm white
- fish medallions
- 30ml Dijon mustard
- mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Heat a baking tray in the oven. Toss the chips with a good splash of oil. Spread on the tray, season and bake for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and zest. Season the fish and spread with mustard. Press the crumb around each.
- Place the fish between the chips and bake for about 15 minutes or until just cooked. Serve with extra lemon wedges and mayo.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2018