The Onion and Camembert Tart makes a great starter and has delicious flavour combinations!
- 2 hrs
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 30ml butter
- 3 small onions, each sliced 3 rings
- 450g puff pastry
- 125ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 125ml finely grated Pecorino cheese + extra
- 125g camembert cheese, cut into wedges
- handful thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt the oil and butter over low heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes each side until golden and cooked. Season and cool completely.
- Line a 12cm x 35cm fluted tart tin with the pastry. Trim the edges and prick the base with a fork. Pack the onions into the pastry case.
- Mix the sour cream, eggs and Pecorino together. Season and pour around the onions into the pastry case. Top with the camembert and thyme. Bake for about 30 minutes until cooked and golden. Sprinkle with extra Pecorino and thyme to serve.
Replace the Camembert with Feta or goats cheese.