This Oreo Tiramisu is a definite family favourite!
- 35 mins + chilling
- 3 egg yolks
- 30ml sugar
- 30ml milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 250ml mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 180ml cream
- 60ml icing sugar
- 2 x 176g packets Oreos (Try the delicious new Oreo Chocolate Crème)
- 15ml instant coffee
- 30ml hot water
- 60ml Kahlua
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- chocolate chips, for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar, milk and vanilla on low heat in a double boiler for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved and thickened.
- Remove from heat and continue beating until it reaches room temperature. Fold in the mascarpone. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form and fold in the icing sugar. Fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Set aside 8 Oreos for serving and crush the rest. Spoon a layer of Oreos into 8 x 160ml glasses. Dissolve the coffee in the water. Add the Kahlua to the coffee and drizzle about 10ml over the Oreo layers. Top with a layer of the mascarpone cream and repeat the layers, ending with a layer of mascarpone cream. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Dust with cocoa and add a whole Oreo to each before serving. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if you like.
If you love biscuits you’ll also love these recipes:
Magazine issue date: June, 2016