Indulge in this osso buco - it's well worth the wait.
- 2 hrs 15 mins
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 8 beef osso buco pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml white wine
- 15ml tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole pan on high. Add the beef and cook for
2-3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Return the meat to the pan with the tomatoes, wine and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to the oven, covered, for 2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone. Turn occasionally while in the oven and season.
Serving suggestion: Serve with creamy polenta, mashed potato or crusty bread.
Magazine issue date: May, 2018