These oven-baked fishcakes are healthy and absolutely tasty!
- 50 mins
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 410g tin sardines, drained, flaked and deboned
- 250g sweet potato cubes, steamed and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 30ml butter, melted
- zest of 1 lemon
- handful coriander and chives, chopped
- tartar sauce and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the onion mixture, sardines, sweet potato, eggs, butter, zest, coriander and chives. Season.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer
comes out clean. Serve with dollops of tartar sauce and lemon.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: SALIE VAN HEERDEN
Magazine issue date: June, 2016