This oven-roasted butternut and barley salad is budget friendly and heart friendly!
- 45 mins
- 250g barley
- 1 butternut, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 150g feta, cubed
- 125ml parsley, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 80ml olive or avocado oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the barley according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Place the butternut on a baking tray, season and drizzle with oil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked and slightly caramelised.
- Combine the barley, butternut, feta and parsley.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients, season, and add to the salad.
Magazine issue date: March, 2016