Add some nostalgia to tea-time with this peanut butter and jam slice.
- 55 mins + cooling
- 100g butter, melted
- 80ml soft brown sugar
- 250ml cake wheat flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 125ml smooth strawberry jam
- 1 x 395g tin condensed milk
- 80ml crunchy peanut butter
- 180ml unsalted peanuts (without skins)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 16cm x 27cm tray with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.
- Mix the butter and sugar together. Sift flour and baking powder over and stir until well combined. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spread the jam evenly over the base. Combine the condensed milk, peanut butter and peanuts and pour evenly over the base. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are nicely golden and the centre is just firm to the touch. Allow to cool before slicing.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ITUMELENG MASONDO PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2013