Bake this comforting pear and ginger crumble in just 25 minutes!
- 25 mins
- 5-6 pears
- 10ml lemon juice
- 5ml ground ginger
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 3ml mixed spice
- 30ml brown sugar
FOR THE CRUMBLE MIXTURE
- 60g butter, chilled
- 60ml brown sugar
- 90ml flour
- 60ml rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel, core and cut the pears into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine the pears, lemon juice, spices and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until the pears just begin to soften.
- To make the crumble, combine the butter, sugar and flour in a bowl. Rub together using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats and mix well.
- Spoon the pear mixture into a medium-sized pie dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and crunchy.
- Serve with cream, vanilla ice cream or custard.
Magazine issue date: July, 2019