Home-made Peppermint Creams are treats as good as any. Try them!
- 15 mins
- Makes 25
- 500ml (2 cups) icing sugar
- 120ml condensed milk
- few drops of peppermint essence
- few drops of green food colouring
- Combine all the ingredients (except the food colouring) in a bowl. Divide the mixture in half, placing a few drops of colouring onto one half to colour it.
- Roll each ball in between 2 pieces of baking paper, to 2cm thickness.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, then remove and cut with a round 5cm cookie cutter.
- Press the tops lightly with a fork.
Keep in an airtight container for a month (not in the fridge, as it may soften).
Magazine issue date: December, 2014