This shredded poached chicken salad is low-fat and makes a healthy weeknight supper.
- 25 mins
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 4 zucchinis
- 500ml red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 handfuls coriander, chopped
- handful mint, finely chopped
- 45ml sweet chilli sauce
- 45ml lemon juice + extra
- Bring the stock and garlic to a boil on high in a small saucepan. Season. Add the chicken, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked. Drain chicken and shred using 2 forks. Cool.
- Cut the carrots and zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Mix through the chicken, cabbage, onion, coriander and mint.
- Combine the sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice and serve with the salad and extra lemon wedges.
RECIPES: MARGIE ELS-BURGER STYLING: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2019