Swap a traditional pizza base for this Polenta pizza with blue cheese and mushrooms.
- 30 mins
- 500ml milk
- 500ml water
- 430ml polenta
- 30ml butter
- 30ml olive oil
- 400g packet portobello mushrooms
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- handful rocket
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring milk and water to a boil in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add the polenta in a steady stream while whisking and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the butter.
- Heat the oil on medium-high. Fry the mushrooms, thyme and garlic for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Set aside.
- Spread the polenta in 2 equal circles on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes. Top with the mushrooms and bake for another 10 minutes. Top with cheese and rocket.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: May, 2017