Pork chops with cabbage stir-fry is low GI, gluten-free and packed with nutrients.
- 20 mins
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 4 pork loin chops
- 160ml apple juice + extra
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 5ml fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- mustard, to serve
- Heat a splash of oil on high, season and fry the chops for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add the juice and cook for about 5 minutes, turning until cooked and liquid has evaporated.
- Heat a splash of oil on high and sauté the onion, cabbage, apple, pepper and fennel, in batches, for about 5 minutes or until tender. Season.
- Mix through the spinach and a splash of extra apple juice and heat through until wilted. Season. Serve with the pork chops and mustard.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2019