These protein-packed pork lettuce chops are low in fat, flavourful and a great meal option.
- 25 mins
- 5ml olive or avocado oil
- 500g lean pork mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml sweet chilli sauce + extra
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- handful coriander, chopped + extra
- 2 baby gem lettuces, separated into leaves
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 lemon, segmented
- Heat the oil on high and fry mince for about 5 minutes, or until cooked. Season. Add the garlic, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half the spring onions and coriander and fry for 1 minute. Cool slightly until just warm. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls onto each lettuce leaf.
- Top with remaining spring onions, a dollop of extra sweet chilli sauce, extra coriander, chilli, orange and a lemon segment on each.
RECIPES: MARGIE ELS-BURGER STYLING: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2019