Make dinner feel special with our single serving pork pot pies.
- 45 mins
- 20ml olive or avocado oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 250g diced bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful sage leaves
- 500g (about 8) pork bangers
- 400g puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat half the oil on low and fry the onion, apple, bacon and garlic until caramelised. Add the sage and season. Cool slightly.
- Heat the remaining oil and squeeze the sausage stuffing into the pan. Fry until golden and add to the onion mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Divide the filling between 6 x 160ml heatproof bowls.
- Cut the pastry into 6 circles, each with a diameter 1cm bigger than the bowls. Make a small cross in the center of each pastry circle using a sharp knife. Brush the edge of each bowl with egg and cover each with a pastry lid. Press tight around the edges and paint the tops with egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Freeze the pies individually between pieces of greaseproof paper for quick lunches and dinners.