These pork sauerkraut pregos are packed with flavour and quick to whip up for a weekday supper.
- 25 mins
- Serves 4
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 4 x 150g pork neck steaks
- bbq spice, to season
- soft butter, for spreading
- 4 Portuguese rolls, cut open
- chilli paste, for spreading (optional)
- 125ml mozzarella, sliced
- handful rocket
- 125ml sauerkraut
- 4 cocktail gherkins, sliced
- 30ml mustard
- Heat a splash of oil on medium-high, season the steaks with spice and fry for about 10 minutes, turning until cooked.
- Butter the rolls. Spread the bottom halves with chilli paste (if using), top with mozzarella and heat under a hot grill until cheese has melted.
- Top with rocket, sauerkraut and gherkins. Slice the steak and place on top. Spread top halves of the rolls with mustard and sandwich together.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: June, 2018