These Quick Tart Jams look too delicious to eat and are perfect for any occasion.
- 30 mins
- Makes 12
- 400g roll shortcrust pastry
- 30ml (2T) castor sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) strawberry jam
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole standard muffin pan. Roll the pastry out slightly thinner on a lightly floured surface and cut out 12 x 5cm rounds (reserve pastry offcuts). Press the pastry circles into the muffin holes. Prick with a fork and sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the pastry is slightly golden and cooked through. Roll the leftover pastry out to a 4mm thickness and cut out mini pastry hearts.
- Fill each tart with strawberry jam and top with a pastry heart. Bake for about 8 minutes until the pastry hearts are cooked. Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015