Kidney beans, baked beans and green beans make this beautifully coloured salad for any table.
- 20 mins
- 125ml lemon juice
- 80ml brown sugar
- 60ml olive or avocado oil
- 300g fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 410g tin baked beans
- 410g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mix the lemon juice, sugar and oil together until dissolved. Set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in salted boiling water for about 1 minute until bright green. Refresh in ice water then drain. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Pour the lemon dressing over and season. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (preferably overnight).